The web site for best sportfishing news and reports from all over the world.

October 05, 2011

MALAYSIA: snakehead world record from the jungle

Dear friends,


Latest news I wish to share with you (as I know you'll be happy for me)...
  I am currently snakehead fishing in the Malaysian jungle with clients.....today was our first day fishing; we still have 5 more days to go......


Here are photos of my very first catch of the day: a super biggie weighing 8.21 kg on certified scales....a record catch breaking the current 7.40 kg IGFA 50 lb line class world record.....

 ....which by the way also breaks the current 75 cm length record .....


But fish caught and entered for length records are not eligible for weighing and submission for other record categories.....so I'm gonna submit the catch for the IGFA 50 lb line class category.   

A giant snakehead catch which is my 2d best to date for that specie. My PB being a 8.52 kg caught at Srinakarin reservoir, Thailand.

I'm going after the length record next....


Jean-Francois Helias
IGFA Lifetime Achievement Award
237 IGFA World Records       
www.anglingthailand.com       

Google Web Search: