The web site for best sportfishing news and reports from all over the world.

October 08, 2011

MALAYSIA: Fishing Adventures Thailand last report





I'm still guiding a group of 6 international anglers in Malaysia (two from India, two from New Caledonia, one from Belgium, and one from Holland). I will get back to Bangkok on the 10th of October.
As I've informed you in previous mails, we already have set 3 new IGFA world records for the snakehead spp.category on our 2 first days fishing (see below):

  
It got more difficult yesterday as the weather turned terribly hot. No rain at all. So the fish did not display any activity at all. We did quite good though as everyone in our party caught good size snakeheads. And one of my clients captured a rare Toman Bunga (Channa marulioides) on top water.
Today, the day was still very hot. My fishing partner in the boat, Philippe Pletincx from Belgium, and I, fished hard but could only manage 3 fish between ourselves. It was Philippe's turn to catch the biggest ones; both on top water.


One being a super biggie estimated in the 6.50 kg mark which qualifies for a new length world record for the snakehead specie as his fish had a total length of 84 cm.  Therefore breaking my 80 cm  pending record set two days ago. 
For the anecdote, note that big "snake" failed for a M2 Thunder Frog lure in lime charteuse color which was sent to me months ago for testing on our Asian predators by Scott Muth, the M2 lure company owner . We already have caught several good size snakeheads on them. So I profit of the occasion to recommend  to every top water angler that particular Thunder Frog lure which works great in territories with lots of aquatic weeds. It can be worked with or without a propeller. 
Check out these M2 Thunder Frogs at: http://www.m2lures.com/index.html
That's 4 new world records set in 4 days fishing.....and we still have another 2 days fishing before going back home...a 5th one would not surprise me....I'm not greedy, just confident in our lure fishing abilities and our apparent good luck to eventually make it happen!  
We have now a tally of 243 records....only 7 more to go and we'll get to the mark of 250 which I've been waiting for since I reached 200 in January 2010

Jean-Francois Helias
IGFA Lifetime Achievement Award
243 IGFA World Records
www.anglingthailand.com

Google Web Search: