The web site for best sportfishing news and reports from all over the world.

August 08, 2013

USA: a 28 lb 9 oz rainbow trout caught in Idaho


An huge 13.2 kg - 28 lb and 9 oz rainbow trout was caught in Idaho, US just below the Dworshak Dam.

This big trout would crush the existing state record but will not qualify for the record book.

The fish cannot be submitted due to differences between state and tribal fishing rules.

Angler Tui Moliga is a member of the "Nez Perce Tribe", and when he caught the monster rainbow, he was using hook and line style that is legal for tribal members but ineligible for state records.

Despite the complications, Moliga's mood is unwavered.

"It would have been cool but it’s still not going to change the fact that is a big fish that I caught,” he told The Spokesman-Review. “I’m not a trophy hunter of fish but since I caught it I will be proud of it. It doesn’t change the fact that it’s the biggest one I ever caught.”

Google Web Search: