The web site for best sportfishing news and reports from all over the world.

March 12, 2011

Thailand Jungle Fishing


 

Long time no give you update...still catching lots of fish every week - some of them of record size - as we always have done through the years...I just do not feel anymore the desire to tell everyone what we catch...after all we are pro fishing guides...so catching fish is nothing extraordinary but our job.
I'm just back today from a 5 days lure fishing trip in the deep jungle of Southern Thailand.... and I had such a tremendous good time that I feel sharing a bunch of pics of nice jungle species I caught there ....while guiding 3 old good friends from Malaysia...
Extreme lure fishing in jungle streams and rivers....the highlight of the trip was already a good one to me with the catch of both a Splendid and an Emperor Snakehead (two rare Channa species)...

....until I hooked up that lovely 4.3 kg Thai Mahseer (Tor tambroides) on an old crankbait...my second Thai Mahseer on lure ever....I which you had been there with me in the pirogue to witness the fight..... Mahseer are known to kick ass...their speed and power are just amazing....and playing one on that river full of structures around.... you'd better believe me it was the kind of rock'n'roll I love....
We've found a particular spot where there are lots of them....they are up to 20 kg according to the local people who see them jumping on a regular basis....so I'm looking for clients who do not mind trekking for a few days in the jungle to go after them....

Jean-Francois Helias
IGFA Lifetime Achievement Award
210 IGFA World Records       
www.anglingthailand.com       

Google Web Search: