The web site for best sportfishing news and reports from all over the world.

April 02, 2012

THAILAND: news from Capt. Jean Francois Helias


 Hi all, I've just been out of the hospital for 2 days, where I spent 5 days in bed after having been operated for my left kidney problem.....still weak and not in my best shape, but with a will strong enough to do my job the way I'm well know for... 
I'm guiding our common friend Steve Wozniak, my ol' buddy, for 2 days here in Thailand....
Today was our first day fishing....Steve added 3 more new species (he has now over 80 taken here in Thailand with yours truly) to his records list: Siamese Glassfish, Soldier River Barb, and ....at last the Arapaima (a 66 pounders fish) he had not captured to date....... 
We still have one more day to go....and then we'll meet again next week on April 6, 7 and 8 for non stop saltwater fishing in the Gulf of Siam, close to Cambodian waters.....I expect helping him adding a few more new species thre....and hopefully one or two IGFA world record catches....
Jean-Francois Helias
IGFA Lifetime Achievement Award
240 IGFA World Records       
www.anglingthailand.com       


Google Web Search: